1. Who founded the Niagara Movement of 1905?
a. Booker T. Washington b. William E.B. DuBois
c. Susan B. Anthony MY CHOICE: B.
2. The 17th Amendment provided for the direct popular election of
a. the president of the US b. U.S. Senators
c. Supree Court Justices MY CHOICE: B.
3. What act exempted unions from anti-trust provisions?
a. the Clayton Antitrust Act b. the Adamson Act
c. the Federal Reserve Act. MY CHOICE: B
4. In World War I, Great Britain, Italy, France and Russia were...
a. Allied Powers b. Central Poweres c. neutral
MY CHOICE: A
5. When World War I broke out, the US
a. supported the allies b. supported the central powers
c. was neutral MY CHOICE: C
6. One of the reasons Herbert Hoover defeated Alfred E. Smith in the President election of 1928 was the Smith was
A. Protestant B. Roman Catholic C. Jewish
MY CHOICE: B
7. What industry did not prosper in the 1920's?
a. construction b. transportation c. farming
MY CHOICE: C
8. What amendment repealed prohibitation?
a. the 17th b. the 18th c. the 21st
MY CHOICE: C
9. The first person to make a solo flight across the Atlantic was?
a. Charles Lindbergh b. Gertrude Ederle C. Amelia Earhart
MY CHOICE: A
10. What African-American musician helped make jazz popular in 1920's? a. Louis Armstrong b. Benny Goodman c. George Gershwin
TRUE OR FALSE
1. The US purchased Alaska from Canada. False
2. The US used the "open door" policy to keep trade in China open to all nations, True
3. George Washington Carver was an African-American scientist whose experiments led to the development of many agricultural products. True
4. Muckrakers were writers and other individuals who wanted to expose publicly the terrible conditions in factories and elsewhere. True
5. The assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand led to the outbreak of World War I. True
6. In World War I, Austria-Hungary was part of the Central Powers. True
7. The US entered World War I after a German submarine sank the Lusitania. True
8. The Treaty of Versailles included all of President Wilson's 14 Points. False
9. The census of 1920 showed tha tmore Americans lived in towns and cities than in rural areas. True
10. A direct primary allows voters to electg each party's candidates for office. True
11. A secret ballot allows citizens to vote in private and so avoid being pressured to vote a certain way. True
12. An initiative allows voters to approve laws or amendments proposed by their state's legislatures. False
13. A referendum allows citizens to sign petitions proposing laws to be considered by their states' legislatures. True
14. A recall allows voters to vote an official out of office. False
Questions I couldn't find:
1 Alfred Thuyer Mehan believe the key to a great nation's power was
a. army b. navy c. air force
2. President Theodore Roosevelt won the Nobel Peace Price for his help in negotiating the treaty that ended.
a. spanish-americna war
b. the Russo-Japanese War
c. World War I
3.Who instituted many reforms as the Progressive governor of Wisconsin?
a. Charles Evan Hughes
b. Robert La Follette
C Hiram Johnson
Answer on Need some help checking work. This is my final grade so it is very important I do good. ?
The last 3 are
1. B. navy
2. B Russo-Japanese War
3. B Robert La Follette